“Love is such a powerful word. It can make the well man sick and the sick man well. At the same time though, you’ve probably told yourself “I will never again…” after some particularly bad break-up. Love can be complex, so here we offer a few commandments everyone should keep in mind while loving, being loved, or even looking for love.”
See if you agree! Madame Noire
1. Thou shalt not assume that love has a time limit. Falling in love does not have a time frame. It might take some a couple of months, others days, and some years… it’s either there or not.
2. Thou shalt not use the word Love in vain. Love is a powerful word that comes with powerful emotions. If you are not sure how you feel about a certain person, don’t use the L word.
3. Thou shalt not assume that love is enough. Sometimes love requires work. Unfortunately, we are not leaving in “la la land” where two people fall in love at first sight and live happily ever after. keep in mind that a man might need a job, and a woman might need to get rid of emotional baggage before engaging in a relationship.
4. Thou shalt not Underestimate the Power of love. Loving someone can change your life for better or worse if it isn’t mutual. Don’t underestimate the effect that it can have on your life.
5. Thou shalt not attempt to give Love to another Without first Giving it to yourself. Lack of self love creates insecurities and other issues within a relationship. Before you fall in love with someone else, make sure you have fallen with your self first.
6. Thou shalt not put conditional restrictions on love. “I will love him if he does this”. you shouldn’t love someone out of convenience, love should be genuine.
7. Thou shalt not confuse infatuation with love. Infatuation is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoned passion. Love is a little more realistic. Infatuation can a last a week, love can last a lifetime.
8. Thou shalt not force Love. Don’t try to force a feeling just because you like the idea of it. Love should come naturally.
9. Thou shalt ‘Live your Love’. Your actions should match your words. walk the walk and talk the talk.
10. Thou shalt not attempt to substitute Love. Sex cannot be a replacement for love. There is absolutely no replacement for love.