When the end of the year approaches I tend to recap on everything that I experienced throughout the year, what I learned, what I accomplished, and also where I failed. I asked my self “what are 10 things that you learned this year?” and I thought I would share them with you, and hope that they can be helpful to you as well.
1) Set your own goals. As I once told my friend, life is like a race, we are all trying to get to the finished line, but we are not all running at the same pace, and we’re not all traveling the same route. That said, do not worry about what others have accomplished or what they are doing, set your own goals and work hard to achieve them.
2) Always prioritize. It’s plain and simple, if you don’t prioritize you will be lost trying to do it all at once. Plan accordingly, know what your goals, and focus ONLY on what is important.
3) Sometimes you will need to make sacrifices. Sacrifices can be hard sometimes, especially if you have to let go, or get rid of something that is dear to you, but sometimes it is the best choice that you can make today, in order to reach your destination tomorrow. That’s just how life is, you don’t always get the best of both worlds.
4) Make up your mind and stick to it. Don’t be so indecisive about every little thing. know what you want, make your decision, and stick to it. If you keep changing your mind and don’t stick with your plans, chances are you won’t achieve anything.
5) Hard work pays off. Think of it like this, in order to get to the mountain top, you must first go trough the valley. You will feel overwhelmed, but it will all be pay off. I promise!
6) Travel, Travel, Travel! There is a world out there to see. There is so much more than what you know. go somewhere you’ve never been before, make a list of places that you would like to see, and try to discover a new place every year, even if it’s just another state. I have seen some of the most beautiful places this year, and it was wonderful!
7) Try something for the first time. I went para sailing earlier this year and I thought I was going to die! (*whispering* I’m afraid of heights) nevertheless, I can proudly say that I’ve done it, and looking back at it, it wasn’t that bad 😉 I also went snorkeling and scuba diving. so much fun!
8. One day at a time. I won’t lie, this was a very trying year for me, and some days I did not want to leave my bed, but I took it one day at a time. If you can get through today, you will make through the next, and the next, and the next… Just focus on getting through today.
9) Be your own go to person. You knew this one was coming. well… what can I say… I have learned that people have their own problems and not everyone is willing to help you with yours. you have got to learn how to depend on your own self, you may find out the hard way that some things you have to go through on your own…unfortunately.
10) Stop worrying so much. Believe that there’s much more than you can see. There is a God that is working on your behalf. He is greater than your problems, and only has great things in store for you. Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy comes in the morning!